Three names consistently come up when comparing gaming chairs: Maxnomic, DXRacer, and AKRacing. However, aside from the brand name emblazoned on the back of each seat, does any of the three types of differentiation really matter? As for a comparison between Maxnomic and DXRacer, we’ve done that before, and the results are available here.
On the other hand, we’ll be contrasting DXRacer and AKRacing today. If you’re curious, you can read the results of our analysis of these businesses and their offerings in a side-by-side comparison that follows.
We’ll discuss the brands a bit before moving on to the products themselves. It is in your best interest to familiarize yourself with each vendor’s procedures and shipping policies before placing an order. Let us jump right in; there is no need to delay.
The DXRacer showrooms are located in Michigan and Ontario, Canada. It specializes in selling gaming chairs (including simulator chairs), but also offers regular office chairs, desks, and accessories like footrests, mousepads, and cushions.
The company’s specialty is limited-edition chairs bearing the logos of popular video games.
DXRacer offers free shipping on all orders within the United States. For international customers, it also provides a list of reliable distributors to whom they can turn for orders.
– Strong and Unique Foam Material
This chair’s interior features soft molding foam for maximum comfort. It covers the metal structure and is a little low to the ground. In keeping with that goal, it features an elevated backrest that is stuffed with high-density foam and additional ergonomic support. To top it all off, an elastic leather cover is included for added protection and comfort. The chair’s leather upholstery is also very simple to maintain.
– Universal Use
DXRacer is a company that makes chairs suitable for a wide variety of situations. That’s why it’s perfect for gamers and other users to enjoy it wherever they like. Whether at home, in the office, or in a dedicated gaming room. The bottom won’t have any unfavorable effects on the top.
– Swivel and Recline Feature
It makes sense to have a chair that can swivel and lay flat. You can relax without constantly having to get to your feet. This chair can recline as far as 135 degrees. You can only imagine the blissful relaxation that results from reclining in this high-back chair.
– Sync Perfectly with Your Body
The ergonomics of DXRacer gaming chairs allow for unparalleled conformity to the user’s body. Because of the height of the back, your spine and neck will be supported while you relax. No soreness will result from spending long periods of time in this high-quality chair.
While AKRacing is situated in the Old Continent. DXRacer and its ilk (gaming chairs, office chairs, replacement parts, desks, branded merchandise, and accessories) are mirrored in its product lineup. Nonetheless, they also supply a wide selection of interchangeable armrests, wheels, and footstools in a rainbow of colors.
AKRacing now caters to both European and North American clients on distinctly different websites. Though it’s not guaranteed, orders usually arrive within five days. The shipping costs and any applicable customs fees are not included in the item price.
PU leather and mesh-like upholstery are standard on the Core EX-Wide. As a result, the impression is warm but slightly rough. In addition, it offers more features than its predecessor.
This chair is constructed with a metal frame and thick foam padding, like many other AKRacing gaming chairs. The chair’s back, seat, and sides will all make that sensation available to you. The parts of the chair that make contact with your body are the ones that have the most padding. There is a void in you apart from the cushioning that covers the metal.
Pads are primarily located on the parts of the chair that will be in contact with your skin. As a result, there is nothing supporting the user’s back except for the padding around the metal frame. Overall, it’s a solid and sturdy structure. The only negative aspect is how little foam actually forms.
– Frame and Weight
The Core EX-Wide’s metal skeleton gives it a solid foundation and a level head. Weight capacity is 330 lbs., and its overall dimensions are better suited to people of larger stature. Seat width has been increased by about 17 inches. Not that anyone would ever complain about having a rock-solid foundation to rest their bottom on.
– Reclining and Adjustments
With a pull of a lever located behind the right armrest, the Core EX-Wide can be reclined. This is a standard feature on all of the AKRacing gaming chairs. In addition, the chair can recline to a fully horizontal position. The DXRacer and other brands simply can’t compete with this degree of lean back.
You’ll feel very at ease at that slant, but watch your balance so you don’t topple over backwards. This chair can be reclined, swivelled, and tilted, and its thick PU rubber armrests can be adjusted as well. Under the arms, you’ll find bolts that allow you to adjust the angle at which your arms hang. This is helpful in general, but especially so if you plan to put your AKRacing chair to more than one purpose.
Jump right in, shall we? We’ll see if there’s a clear victor by contrasting and contrasting various features of the products offered by both of these firms below.
The prices of DXRacer’s seats range widely, starting at $289 for the smallest model and going as high as $699 for the largest. This pattern is also reflected in AKRacing’s retail outlet. Its chair prices range from €269 (about $309) to €595 (about $684).
This has a higher minimum price but a lower maximum price, making both brands roughly equivalent in terms of cost.
The one major distinction between the two is that AKRacing offers a wider selection of chairs in the low to medium price range, while DXRacer carries fewer products in each price range. Therefore, AKRacing is the best option if you are on a tight budget but still want a wide variety of services.
DXRacer has 13 standard chair options and another 17 limited-edition variants. AKRacing, on the other hand, has a grand total of only 12 seats available. In addition, DXRacer provides a much wider variety of color schemes than AKRacing does. There are as many as eleven color options for the DXRacer chairs.
Some of AKRacing’s cheaper chairs share a similar design aesthetic, with only the upholstery providing any visual distinction. Please don’t misunderstand us; we’re well aware that there are indeed important distinctions. On the other hand, aesthetically speaking, once you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. DXRacer now has the advantage in this respect.
Customizability and Accessories
It’s hard to find a better place to start than DXRacer if you’re interested in the world of modifications. You can modify nearly every practical part of its chairs by purchasing additional backrests, cylinders, tilt mechanisms, and bases.
In contrast, AKRacing sells generic replacement components (although some are available in reinforced forms). Most of the options here are cosmetic, such as the ability to change the color of the casters and the shape of the support cushions, as well as the addition of a custom logo to the headrest (though this is meant for eSports teams, who will need to order ten or more chairs at once).
Herein lies the challenge, since convenience cannot be adequately compared via numerical criteria alone. Both brands, however, use compression-resistant foam inserts, guaranteeing that your chairs will feel as good a year from now as they did the day you bought them.
The racing-car design of a gaming chair is meant to mimic the ergonomics of a human body while still providing a thrilling experience. Both manufacturers provide 4D armrests and symmetrical seating to evenly distribute your body weight, so you can sit comfortably in either one.
Who Should Choose DXRacer, And Who Should Opt For AKRacing?
It’s clear from what I’ve written above that the comparison between DXRacer and AKRacing is highly feature-dependent. DXRacer excels in some respects while AKRacing appears to be the more practical choice in others.
Why (And Why Not) Choose DXRacer?
DXRacer is the company to look into if you’re searching for a Tank Series–style chair. The chair you receive will have a high load bearing capacity, be of sturdy construction, and feature excellent ergonomics in this case. The fact that its features are adaptable is icing on the cake, and so is its aesthetic.
But if you want the best of the best, I wouldn’t recommend DXRacer. Brands like SecretLab and Noblechairs have stepped up their game and are now producing chairs with comparable or superior features to DXRacer.
However, here are my top three choices for DXRacer seats:
- The King Series features an ergonomic design, as well as a headrest cushion, a lumbar support cushion, and a total of five color options. They’re so versatile, you can put them almost anywhere and be comfortable.
- Among the Formula Series, this particular model stands out for its wide range of available colors (eleven). There are two cushions included as standard, and I find the airy fabric very comfortable to sit on for long periods of time. The Formula Series is a top seller because of its affordable price and useful features.
- For the Tanks Collection: The main reason for this choice is, of course, that the Tank can carry up to 192 kilograms. Excellent strength-to-weight ratio; mesh construction aids airflow.
In my opinion, these are the best gaming chairs on the market and offer excellent value for the money.
Why (And Why Not) Choose AKRacing?
I’ve had the pleasure of sitting in a couple different AKRacing gaming chairs, and I can confidently attest to the fact that they are of the highest quality and most attractive design. You shouldn’t have any issues with the chairs, and a cool bonus is the selection of models, which (as I mentioned above) allows you to find the ideal chair for your requirements.
AKRacing offers competitive prices and high-quality components. Nonetheless, if you can afford to spend a few hundred more, you should seek out luxury brands like Secretlab, GT, and Noblechairs.
Lastly, the Masters Series’ weight limit of 181 kilograms may be too low for a big guy like you, so you may want to check out DXRacer’s Tank Series instead. The scale may creep up a bit if you indulge too much. The ability to carry more weight is crucial here.
In any case, I’ve compiled a short list of what I consider to be the finest AKRacing gaming chairs.
- Introducing the EX-Classics: This gaming chair was created in 2018, making it cutting-edge in terms of design and cutting-edge in terms of its many useful features. The high-quality metal construction and sleek black finish give it a sophisticated air of durability and longevity.
- When it comes to AKRacing seats, the SX Series is, in my opinion, the sweet spot. Blending cutting-edge design with premium materials like PU leather, the SX Series offers the best of both worlds in terms of comfort and support.
- The LX Series is the most expensive option, but it includes everything you could want. This series’ wider steel frame and heavier foam padding make all the difference in the world. The PU leather upholstery is high quality and the design and color details are excellent once again.
I also recommend the AKRacing Premium Collection if you have a bit more cash to spare and are truly in love with the brand.
Which DXRacer And AKRacing Gaming Chair To Choose For My Height/Weight?
If the preceding section left you more befuddled than it did having explained the wonderful features of both AKRacing and DXRacer, and you simply want the quick answer to which chair is best for you, this is the section for you.
Let’s get right down to business.
Small Gamers (<175cm and <80kg)
Players between 80 kg (176 lb) and 175 cm (5’7″) in height have a few options.
- DXRacer’s Elite Series is an affordable option with a comfortable design (thanks to its adjustable backrest and 3D armrests) and a solid build quality. It’s a reasonable choice that won’t break the bank.
- The EX Series by AKRacing is a model that reclines to 180 degrees, features a wide range of adjustments, and is available in five distinct colors.
Medium-Sized Gamers (175cm-190cm and 75kg-90kg)
Both of these models are suitable for players up to a height of 185 cm (6’05”) and a weight of 90 kilograms (198 lbs)
- The Formula Series is DXRacer’s most popular product line and features one of the most desirable models available in this niche.
- The SX Series by AKRacing features an adjustable lumbar, back, and headrest along with a 3D armrest and a metal frame painted a stunning black. Basically, it has everything you could possibly want.
Bulky Gamers (>190cm and >90kg)
Finally, gamers who are taller than 190 cm (6’23”) and heavier than 90 kilograms (198lbs) should choose one of the following models:
- Features such as a 360-degree swivel base with 3″ wheels, high-density foam in the seat, an adjustable lumbar pillow and head/neck pillow, and 4D armrests are all included with the King Series by DXRacer.
- In addition to the King Series, I feel compelled to mention DXRacer’s Tank Series, which is capable of supporting gamers weighing up to 180 kilograms (400 lbs) thanks to its 31.5″ wide aluminum base. DXRacer’s standard premium features are present, including the heavy-duty tilt, 3-inch casters, high-density mold-shaping foam, and many more.
- The AKRacing Series Max is a fantastic all-around chair, and it’s especially well-suited to heavyweight gamers. It has an adjustable headrest and lumbar support and a high-quality pleather upholstery, metal frame, cold-cure foam padding, five-star aluminum base, which are all pretty great features for a chair of this size.
What is our final decision then? DXRacer vs. AKRacing: which is superior and why? Honestly, we have no idea. Similar product lines, prices, and aesthetics can be found between the two brands.
But generally, AKRacing has more options for those on a tight budget, while DXRacer is the better choice for those in search of a unique or exclusive seat.
It’s also a matter of taste, as to whether or not you want your chairs to stand out. In that case, DXRacer is clearly superior. While AKRacing tends toward subdued tones, DXRacer gives you the option of flashy pink accents.
Although there are some cosmetic and price differences between brands, all of them will provide you with a comfortable seat.