The Racing Series from gaming chair giant DXRacer costs between $299 and $399, making it one of the brand’s most approachable and inexpensive offerings. The OH/RV001, which retails for $369, passed our tests. You can lean back on its supportive cushions if you want to relax with a good book or catch some Zs in between rounds. It’s not the most sturdy or plush chair we’ve tested, and for the same price you can get the Editors’ Choice SecretLab Titan, which has more padding and more substantial faux leather.
- MSRP: $399.99
- High-Density, Shape-Molding Foam
- Density of Foam: 50 kg/m3
- Black Chassis
- Metal-framed construction
- Chair Sashes Are Red And Black
- Carbon Look Vinyl Polyurethane Leather Chair Covers
- 3D Armrests, Adjustable (SP/0148/N)
- Size of Armrest Pad: 9.8″L x 3.5″W
- Conventional Tilt Mechanism (SP/0201/N)
- Tilt Range (SP/0201/N) Adjustable from 0 to 17 degrees.
- Tilt-Lock On: That’s A Go
- Non-Locking Tilt Angle
- A 100/15 (SP/0313/N) Gas Lift Spec.
- Class 4 Gas Lift
- High-back chairs and seats.
- The maximum angle of recline is 135 degrees.
- The Lumbar Support is Adjustable
- The Headrest Is Adjustable
- Five-Star Slim Aluminum (SP/0404/N) Base.
- Size & Material: 2″ PU (SP/0708/N) Casters
- Amazing, right?
- Massive adjustability for optimal ease of use
- Quickly get up and running
- Durable as gold
- The cushions are a bit firm right out of the box, but they break in quickly.
If you’re looking for a reliable gaming chair, look no further than the DXracer Racing Series Zero. If you’re looking for a seat on which you can really sink into the padding, you’ve come to the right place. It takes a few seconds to fully adjust to the position, so it doesn’t sink quickly either. We were able to modify our working environment by adjusting the desk height and the armrest height on our chairs.
For increased longevity, the foam is cold cured. As it ages and breaks in, it will soften, but the curing process ensures that it will never become overly pliable. Those who spend a lot of time sitting at their desks or computers will appreciate the comfort and convenience of the DXRacer Racing Zero. They engineered them perfectly to ensure your comfort so you can concentrate on your work or game for extended periods of time.
The DXRacer Racing Zero Chair is the ideal companion for those chilly late-night gaming sessions. It has been insulated and reinforced for both climates. High-density foam makes it snug and insulated from the cold or heat without absorbing sweat when it’s hot. When gaming in the cold, you won’t need to add extra layers of clothing or place pillows or a blanket between you and the chair anymore thanks to this. The chair’s slightly jutting headrest is another feature we appreciate. Your neck will feel secure in this. Even though the seatbelt cavities let in some cold air, the DXRacer neck pillow can make for a cozy gaming session. The chair’s two pillows are included at no extra cost. Particularly helpful is the lumbar cushion; I always make sure to attach mine to the back of my chair. Some people don’t like it, but I suppose it all depends on how tall or short you are.
The polyurethane (PU) faux leather and vinyl upholstery of the Racing Series chair provide comfort and durability. The test model in black and blue was upholstered in PU leather in two different colors: blue on the sides and black on the back, with carbon fiber weave-textured vinyl on the seat and as accents. The vinyl and faux leather are reasonably solid and cool to the touch, though they don’t feel quite as dense and solid as the PU leather used in SecretLab’s Titan chair or as supple as those found in AKRacing’s Max or RapidX’s Carbon Line.
Steel is used for the chair’s upper frame and arms, while aluminum is used for the lower frame and has blue plastic inlays at the top of the legs. The PU rubber covering on the three-inch casters prevents damage to floors.
The foam padding is occasionally exposed through the vinyl or faux leather coverings. The chair’s padding is wrapped around its metal frame rather than completely filling the back, and while the seat is nice and firm and the part where your back hits it has some decent support, the rest of the chair clearly has many open cavities under the material. The headrest is especially flimsy, making it unnecessary to use the detachable cushion. It’s still pleasant to sit in, but there are concerns about its durability due to the sparse padding in the chair’s back, especially when compared to the SecretLab Titan, which is almost entirely stuffed with cold-cure foam padding with few observable cavities.
Colors and Capacity
We were able to choose from seven different color options when testing the Racing Series chair: black, blue, green, orange, purple, and red. Each variant features a predominantly black frame, with the option of a contrasting hue along the chair’s back and seat.
Users of the DXRacer OH/RV001 Racing Series chair are advised not to weigh more than 220 pounds. The seat’s 17 inches of width (at the center, near the armrests), and 18 inches of depth made me feel secure and comfortable, even though the seat’s raised edges pressed slightly against my thighs. DXRacer’s King, Sentinel, and Tank series are designed for larger users with weight capacities of 300, 350, and 450 pounds, respectively, and correspondingly roomier seat dimensions.
Design & Style
The carbon exterior vinyl cover is the focal point of the design of the DXracer Racing Series Zero gaming chair. There are a few noticeable wrinkles on the very head of the chair, which reveals that there is some vinyl covering. The leather upholstery looks great and works well with the rest of the design without compromising the chair’s high level of comfort.
The DXRacer racing zero chair’s arms can rotate through 90 degrees thanks to the chair’s inlaid bar base. It’s not a highly requested feature, but it’s nice to have if you ever need it. The long, white streak on the chair’s back is attractively offset by the thin blue line that borders it. The rest of the chair is decorated with white and blue brushstrokes, with blue used for the footrest’s base.
The DXRacer racing zero is a sturdy chair with an aluminum frame that provides exceptional support and stability. To prevent the armrests from ever developing that annoying squeak effect or blowing out your eardrums, they are equipped with specialized casters that allow them to tilt. Since the arms can rotate up to 90 degrees, the support structure of the base needed to be reinforced.
The vinyl and leather cover are in excellent condition. We didn’t intentionally make a mess while testing this chair, but we found it to be relatively resistant to spills. The carbon coating on the outside contributes to the material’s breathability and durability. The bar base is outfitted with sturdy PU casters that do a great job of keeping the chair in place.
- Modestly StylishThis design, which is available in three hues, has received rave reviews from customers and critics alike. The chair is upholstered in a sleek black nylon leather that looks great in any setting, and it features a white accent that fades into the Zero logo. In a less formal office, this look could be just what you need to stand out from the crowd without sacrificing comfort.
- Tailor-made FirearmsYes, you can do whatever you like with your arms. We adored the freedom of movement the arms provided. When it comes to gaming chairs, some people really appreciate having armrests and others really don’t. The armrests on many gaming chairs are poorly designed, and we don’t blame the manufacturers. However, this chair provides extensive options for adjusting the armrests themselves. The lack of give in the armrest cushion is a minor but noticeable flaw. This will make them last longer, but it may make them less comfortable for some people.
- The Benefits of PU CastersYou won’t be rolling away anytime soon in this DXRacer racing zero chair, thanks to its sturdy casters. They have a size of 3 inches and are incredibly sturdy. The chair’s nice inlaid color bar base provides stability and strength. They move silently and smoothly across any surface.
- FlexibleThe seat’s versatility is exceptional; not only can you recline it, but the back can be adjusted as well. The DOH/RV118/NBW provides an excellent sleeping position. The tension knob under the seat allows you to securely lock in your position even when leaning back in the chair.
The chair provides multiple points at which the height and angle can be adjusted. The right paddle on the underside of the chair can be used to raise or lower the seat’s height, in this case from 19.25 to 22 inches. You can lock the chair’s height and its 14-degree back tilt by flipping the left paddle on the base down. For an additional 135 degrees of recline, a lever located behind the right armrest can be used to tilt the back of the chair in relation to the seat. It’s not perfectly flat, but it’s deep enough that sleeping in it is preferable to staring at a screen all day.
The armrests, which are covered in PU rubber, can be raised or lowered by pulling a lever on the outside of each arm. The range of adjustment is 25.5 to 31.5 inches. They have a range of motion of 2.5 inches front to back, and 15 degrees of rotation in either direction (with the armrests remaining flat no matter the yaw setting).
What should I use to clean this chair if I spill something on it?
The carbon and vinyl used to make this chair should ensure that anything you put on it is safe. Although most food stains can be removed from any gaming chair with just a wet wipe or some water, we still advise you to refrain from eating in your chair.
What is the maximum weight capacity of this chair?
In spite of its sturdy construction, the DXRacer racing zero chair has a weight limit of 265 pounds, making it suitable for the vast majority of users. The marketing for the DXRacing Zero is a bit deceptive, as it states that it can support up to a ton of pressure but is only intended for users weighing less than 265 pounds.
It goes without saying that this is one of our favorite themed DXRacer chairs, and we are huge fans of the design. As an added bonus, it has received numerous positive reviews from customers and is available for a very fair price.
Because arms can sometimes be inconvenient, it’s great that they can be adjusted to a wide range of positions. The sturdy casters on the chair’s base also contribute to the chair’s durability and longevity. We think any gamer or person looking for a comfortable, reasonably priced way to unwind would benefit from this chair.
The DXracer Racing Series Zero is a long-lasting and stylish option for your computing needs.