Looking for an honest assessment of the DualShock 4 Charging Station’s value? Before you make a purchase, consider reading our thoughts on it.
- Philips 242G5DJEB Review. Everything You Need To Know Update 12/2023
- ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Review. Everything You Need To Know Update 12/2023
- PlayStation 5 Release Date, Specifications, Price, Performance Update 12/2023
- Best Low Profile CPU Cooler | Comprehensive Review Update 12/2023
- DXRacer Iron Series Review – Is It Worth Your Money? Update 12/2023
- Easy on the eyes layout
- Makes a stylish stand for a game controller.
- Very dependable and solidly constructed
- Compared to other charging stations, this one is quite pricey
Occasionally, we come across an add-on that seems like nothing more than a frivolous luxury item. One example is docking stations, also known as charging stations, for controllers.
Most of these are made by third parties, but today we’ll examine the official Sony Dualshock 4 Charging Station to see if it’s worth the price, and to see if charging docks are worth it in general.
What’s In The Box?
The charging station, a detachable power cable, an AC adapter, and an instruction manual are all contained within the folded piece of carton that serves as the box.
The dock has a decent aesthetic value on its own, with the same matte black and gloss combination seen in the original PlayStation 4’s design. Most notably, it has a solid weight to it despite not appearing particularly heavy.
With or without docked controllers, the dock is extremely stable on any surface thanks to its weight and the rubber feet on the bottom that run along almost the entire length of the dock.
Since the station connects to the controller through its extension port, controllers must be placed on their sides. The controller’s docking connectors wiggle to help you get it centered, and a satisfying click lets you know it’s in place.
Should You Buy It?
The most important thing to ask yourself before buying a charging station is whether or not you actually need it. To be honest, it’s not required because any micro USB cable will work to charge a controller. However, a charging station can simplify your life in two ways:
- Two controllers can be charged at once.
- It eliminates the need for a lot of cables.
Obtain a charging station if the aforementioned benefits sound appealing to you.
On the other hand, you may want to look elsewhere for a less expensive option if you’re unwilling to spend more than $50 on such a product.
This charging station needs little introduction; it is attractive, remarkably sturdy, and does its job admirably.
The only possible drawback is the price, especially when compared to the low cost of some alternative third-party charging stations.
In any case, if you spend a little more on a charging station, you’ll know that you’re getting a better product, and probably an official one as well.